How To Easily Clean Your Hob Covers Without Scrubbing
Here at WunderCleans, we are frequently asked to do deep cleaning of the oven and the cooking hob. Unless spilt liquid or burnt food stains are cleaned up at the time, it can be difficult to remove them subsequently. In particular, gas hob burner covers seem to get the brunt of the stains. Usually, scrubbing is not sufficient especially if this has built up over time.
There is however a very effective alternative to scrubbing – using ammonia and some sealable freezer bags. We like the following video from The Bargain Hound that gives you a very easy to follow step-by-step process.
HERE’S HOW TO DO IT
1. Remove the gas burner covers from your hob, and put each one into a separate sealable bag. Double bag them as you don’t want them to leak.
2. Pour some ammonia into each bag, and seal.
3. Place them all in a plastic box (in case they leak) and leave overnight.
4. You’ll see that the clear liquid has browned overnight as the food stains have been removed.
5. Take the bags (one by one) to the sink, and drain the ammonia and run water over the hob covers.
6. Use a scrubber to remove any remaining food stains (it should be much easier to remove that previously).
7. Dry them and leave on kitchen towels. They will be much shinier and nearly as new.
Of course, our cleaners and housekeepers would be happy to help with any cleaning needs you have. Further information on our services can be found on the WunderCleans website, or feel free to call us on 0203 397 4964 if you have any questions.